quarta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2011

"Perks of the job!"

"Off the Radisson for a 4 course meal. Perks of the job!"


I read this sentence on a post from my scot friend, Mark. For a while, I thought it meant mishap of the job (in Portuguese, we'd say "ossos do ofício").

I was utterly wrong! Reading the post again (and consulting a reliable dictionary, of course), I found the meaning. Perks mean privileges, comfort for businessmen.


So my friend got out of one of the best hotels wide world (it's present in Montevideo as well) and earned a free huge meal. Perks of the job, y'know?

You say perks like "pãrcs".

Kindly tip #3: you may use the expression perks of the job every time you want to talk about something really nice that comes with your job or situation.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário